Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Wizard World Comic Con Sacramento 2015

Okay Ya'll! Sit down shut up and listen to this here crazy post! (That was a bit aggressive, I apologize) This is Bree! In case you hadn't guessed already. So the last you folks heard, I was on vacation and it was the eve of my Sacramento Comic-Con Wizard World 2015 experience! ( It's a mouthful, I know.) I know I said I would post on Saturday but after walking around the con for about 10 hours and then just slacking off, I didn't get home until around 12:40 a.m.  And by then I might as well have been drunk I was so out of it. So here I am today, just got back home and after a 6 hour drive turned 8 hour drive ( thank you random construction site.) I am slightly less delirious!

Moving On! Wow! That thing was a blast! I am now a proud owner of  a Captain Malcolm Reynolds Poster (Firefly), Four Pins: iZombie,Sherlock,Arrow,Shield, And a brand new t-shirt! it's a generic shirt that just says Sacramento Comic-Con. But I'm a t-shirt junkie so it's a win for me! I mention this because part of going to a con is the awesome gear you snag while there.

My awesome Captain Mal Print

My 4 awesome pins that I proudly pinned on my purse.

My wrinkly shirt 

Also on the highlight reel? I caught a glimpse of Billie Piper. Yes, just a glimpse because psssshhh! Ya girl got a budget to keep and I don't have all that extra cash to shake someone's hand or take a selfie. One day, One day. In case you don't know, Billie Piper played Rose Tyler on Doctor Who, and had a fairly successful career as a pop star.
Billie Piper as Rose Tyler


I also walked past Katie Cassidy's booth more than once and totally used my stalker eyes. I am going to try and describe that experience without sounding like I fancy her in a way that I don't. She is an angel, she just radiates that vibe that I'm sure only celebrity's have. Maybe it was her perfect skin, smile, hair, makeup and killer outfit that managed to say: yeah I'm cool but I don't try. I saw her and I'm pretty sure my heart stopped. For those of you are are wondering who this amazing human being is, Katie Cassidy plays The Black Canary on The CW's show Arrow! Which is big deal for me. The Black Canary is one of the female superheroes I almost-kind-of-not-in-a-creepy-way, idolize. She's just a bucket of awesome poured over a mountain of girl powered bad ass! If you watch the show I won't go into the former Canary now known as the White Canary, both Canaries are awesome.
Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance (Black Canary)

And on top of all of that?! Reggie Lee walked past me not once but twice!! Reggie plays Drew Wu on NBC's Grimm. The first time he walked past me and I stood there like an idiot and just repeated the phrase "That's Reggie Lee." quietly to myself as he walked on by. The second time...I did the exact same thing, only this time my friend Mason caught onto my incessant rambling and actually called out Reggie's name and then shook his hand. All the while I stood there still murmuring "That's Reggie Lee." Yes folks, I am a useless star struck fool when it comes to meeting actors.

Reggie Lee as Drew Wu














After admitting all of this, I hope you understand when I sadly I took exactly one picture. I'm sorry! I was busy geeking out and gazing at cool things/people! But it's okay because my friends took some pictures of their own. So it's not all bad.Here are the few, but slightly awesome pics that we gathered.

Crappy but still cool pic of Norman Reedus

Rogue and Zombie Hunter

Bane and Batman 

TMNT, Raphael 
That's it for today! Hope there aren't too many typos seeing as I am so tired that the screens getting a little blurry. Hopefully next year I'll make the smart decision and go with my homeslice Marlena! Not that my other friends aren't cool or anything. Agh, whatever. I think you get my point. Feel free to post your own cool con pictures in the comments! Or tell us about an awesome con related experience you had! 

- Aubreana (Bree)


No comments:

Post a Comment